Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekly Photo Challenge Week 5: Director Chair

ChairSource

   For this weeks photo challenge I photoshopped myself sitting on a director's chair inside a movie theater watching a cinema.  I found a picture of myself someone had taken of me in a recording studio. I cut out all the background so only I was left. It so happened that my hand was holding a mouse but was in the position as if I was holding a remote or setting my hand on an arm rest. I decided to keep my hand in the picture. Next, I googled a picture of your "typical" director chair. The next part of this process was actually kind of complicated. I double the layers of the director chair and put one underneath and above the layer of me inside of Photoshop. I then masked out the upper chair carefully in certain spots to make it appear I had been sitting in the same direction. I made minor transformation adjustments to the layer of myself so it looked like I fit. The hard part was taken care of! Next I googled an image of a theatre. I made sure to find one that had a blank screen so I could work with. I didn't like the color scheme of this particular theatre so I originally changed the color to red. Then I had realized that real theaters would be dark so I changed the room color to a blackish/ night color so it would appear I was watching my own film. Next I found an awesome picture had shot of me while I was in New York. Their camera had incredible clarity and a great lens! The picture she had taken made it look like we were in a movie, even though it was a still shot. So I decided to import this into Photoshop. I lined it up to the blank screen of the background and distorted it a little so it would fit in the box. This project was a challenge but I liked it because it helped me freshen up on my Photoshop skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment