Monday, August 15, 2011

EOC Week 6: How do I see my role starting in the industry

 source
How do I see my role starting in the Industry?
I can see my role in the industry going into a good start. I'm ambitious and determined to be somebody of worth!  I've received a great education at The Art Institute of Las Vegas so I believe I'm covered in my basic skills. As I gain more experience in the industry I'll develop who I am and gain special skills for my own style.  I'd like to see myself networking as much as possible and making long-time friends in the industry.  I want to have a strong healthy impact on my peers in the field.  I want to be known for more than just my exceptional work, I want to be known for my variety of skills. Depending on which route in the industry I'd like to take might be a determining factor of how I handle my approach. If I want to work in radio I'll have to start at the bottom and put my hours in until I can work a show.  If I want to work live sound for maybe a theatrical show like Cirque Du Soleil I might have to gain experience elsewhere and make connections into that area. I think where I'd really like to work after College is possibly doing full time DJing for some of the night clubs in Las Vegas. I already have a lot of experience DJing weddings and I think this would be a great job for me.  Night Club DJ's make quite a lot of money and it's a flexible job. I still like to do freelance audio with recording bands and such. During my time being a DJ I'll have more time to work on side projects like sound for independent films. The audio industry is such a magnificent place because there are a multitude of professional routes I can work. I can even work more than one at a time! I think my life is flowing into a great direction. Wherever I begin I'm confident I'll be off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment